Thursday, March 10, 2011

DIY eDrum Build: Upgrade!

So I upgraded my eDrum kit this past week:

^ I replaced my old, not-so-good kick drum pad with a vertical pad and an actual kick drum pedal!
^ That gusset supports the pad when the beater hits it.
^The pad.
^ I didn't get a beater with the pedal, so I improvised one with an old marshmallow stick and part of an old bandsaw belt. :-)

This setup looks, triggers, and feels so much better than my old setup!

Special thanks goes to my construction and power-tool loving brother who helped me out on this upgrade and provided tools and building materials :-)

~Mac

2 comments:

Søren said...

I don't know much about all these neat gadgets you have but I must say: VERY nifty with the old marshmallow poker and belt pairing! :{D

MacMeister said...

Thank you! 8{)