Saturday, July 2, 2011

Deadlines

Deadlines are part of life. We all face them at some point - in school, in work, in life in general. While they can be stressful, sometimes the pressure is good.

I have been studying for the Human Resources Management DSST recently, and it has been very slow going. I finally just scheduled the test for next week. Now that I have a deadline it is amazing how much more motivated I am to study! :-) That's one way deadlines can actually help us - we can channel the pressure they create to improve our performance. They also help us to prioritize and better schedule our time.

How do you deal with and use deadlines?

~Mac

3 comments:

India Edith said...

I was the same way with tests... if I didn't have it scheduled, I didn't get much studying done. Good luck on your test!
~Indi

Zoe said...

Deadlines really motivate me too. I scheduled most of my tests several weeks in advance. To add to the pressure, I scheduled like four of them at one time - each 1 to 2 weeks apart. lol I don't think I was ever so productive as I was during those few weeks.

MacMeister said...

Thanks for your comments! It's nice to know that there are other people out there who have the same issues with motivation :lol:

And I passed! :-D