Friday, September 24, 2010

THE Vacation

Over this past weekend, I had the privilege of attending a CollegePlus! gathering in Ohio.

(For those of you who don't know, CP! is a Christian accelerated distance learning program that helps students earn their degrees faster and cheaper than traditional college. http://www.collegeplus.org/)

This was my second CP! get together event, and each one leaves me refreshed and encouraged. While I have had the privilege of interacting with many of these people online for some time, we had never actually met till this past week. It is such a blessing to get to know other students who share many of the same beliefs and outlooks on life, and to interact with them through activities, service projects and other events. I made some new friends, and really strengthened and deepened existing friendships. The trip was such a blessing for me, and for all of those who attended!

~Mac

5 comments:

Zoe said...

Sounds awesome! I wish I could have gone, but it's a long way to Ohio...

~Kelsey/Zoe

MacMeister said...

So sorry that you couldn't come Kelsey :-( We need to plan some kind of informal Memphis area get together in the near future!

Zoe said...

Actually, I have been talking about that with one of the other local CollegePlus students who wants to get together. We are hoping to come up with something soon, so I'll let you know if we ever do.

MacMeister said...

Sweet! :-)

Caitlin said...

I've been hearing lots of great things about the CollegePlus! gathering. Thanks for sharing!