Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Benefits to Living In a Large Family

While I was doing some of my chores today, I suddenly thought of how many ways being in a large family helps me. One way is that it's easier to stay in shape! Here are some examples (I may edit as I think of more):

~ Taking out the trash: This is my job, and let me tell you, carrying two giant full bags of garbage to the can, one in each hand, does wonders for your arm strength!

~ Carrying siblings around: Whether it's moving the babies and toddlers from room to room to playpen to changing table, or giving piggyback rides to older children, there's nothing like carrying around siblings for keeping those core and leg muscles toned!

~ Carrying in groceries: This is a great time for group exercise! All of us children form a relay team of sorts and carry all the groceries from the car to where they are needed. Carrying four gallons of milk, two in each hand, keeps your arms and legs in shape!

It really is wonderful how God has built an exercise routine into a typical day!

~Mac

3 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Tha's a very nice outlook you have on your family.


http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Caitlin said...

What about carrying in all the groceries?

MacMeister said...

@ Toyin - thank you for your kind comment!

@ Caitlin - that's the one I was trying to remember! :O