Saturday, November 27, 2010

Being Still

'tis the season for . . . HUNTING!

Yes, I enjoy it. And not just because you get to use guns :-) I have actually had some of my best private prayer and worship times sitting in the woods, watching the sun rise, and listening to everything come to life. It really puts me in a worshipful mood. I can just be still and commune with God. I took a couple of pictures with my cell phone but they didn't turn out very well:



I hope they give a glimpse of how beautiful that morning was!

~Mac

2 comments:

Søren said...

I always wanted to go hunting, just for that: the quietness.
I think I got a 'glimpse' from those pictures, still. :)
~H(o)nnah
[btw, Isn't 'glimpse' a funny word? Sounds like 'imps' and 'Gimp' put together!]

MacMeister said...

I'm glad you got a glimpse. :-)

It really is quiet - until your brother blasts a deer with his rifle! :-P It's been good eating so far though, so it was definitely worth it.

My, you really are analyzing the English language today aren't you? I don't really think it looks funny - although there are days when "the" looks funny to me - so I guess you just caught me on the wrong day :lol: