Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Repent!

It may surprise some of you to know that for many years I have avoided jeans like the plague.

Freud would probably say that the fact that I was suppressed as a child caused this phobia, and to some extent that would be true. The jeans I wore when I was younger were made of thick, stiff fabric, were too tight, had waists that were too high, and usually legs that were too short. I did not like them at all! So for about 10 years I have never worn a pair of jeans.

However, after some recent reflections and reading this:
http://www.empoweredtraditionalist.com/2010/09/22/homeschool-fashion-faux-pas-for-the-guys/ ;-)
I thought I would give them another try. After all, the design must have changed after so many years, right?

Fortunately I was correct. I purchased two pairs of Wrangler Men's Relaxed Bootcut jeans and am quite pleased with them. They improve everything that was bad about the old jeans! :-) Now I have something else to wear to nicer events besides cargo pants and slacks.

~Mac

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mac! You should post some pictures of you in your new jeans! I'm glad you found some that fit you well and are comfortable. And for the record, I wish every guy could read what's in that article; it's great. Bravo for you!

~ Hattie

http://theleavesthataregreen.blogspot.com/

MacMeister said...

Thank you :-)

I'll try to get some pictures up here sometime soon.