Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Perspective Check + Update

God's been teaching me quite a bit lately, and also reminding me of some things that I have forgotten. I thought I'd share a few of them:

1. Make God the focus and top priority of my life. It's easy to tell myself that I have many important things to do besides "Christian-y" things - school, work , time with family. All of these things are good, but they cannot be allowed to supersede God as number one. All of them should be done in, with, and through Him. My plans, hopes, and dreams will not ultimately satisfy by themselves; they must be submitted to God's will for me to achieve true contentment, peace, and joy.

2. Develop a hunger and thirst for the Word. I often don't feel like I want to get to know God better, and my Bible and prayer time suffer because I am distracted by other things. I need God to give me the strength to thirst for His Word, to be like the tree in Psalm 1, planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season, and whose leaf does not wither. Staying in the Word is an act of the will (the new nature's will by the power of the Holy Spirit).


On another note, I passed Prinicples of Supervision DSST last week so I now have 78 credits! By the end of this month I hope to have three more as I am planning to finish my Film and TV Narratives as Public Communication class. I also was accepted at Thomas Edison, so I am planning to enroll sometime in the next few months! Besides school, I am staying involved in the music ministry and the live sound engineering at church and working on A/V installs and recording sessions as they come up.

God bless you all!

~Mac

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on passing your test! Almost 3/4 of the way done :)

As Elizabeth Elliot often said, everything we do, offered to God, is an act of worship, whether it be cleaning up after a meal, listening to a 3-year-old's story, or making beautiful music!

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zoe said...

Yep - The Lord has to daily remind us and teach us that He should always be first in our lives. I'm so thankful for His grace and unfailing love that covers us when we fall.

Congrats on passing your test!