Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cup O' Joe

We had a cold breakfast this morning - bad planning for such a cold morning! I was wearing two sweatshirts and I was still cold, so decided I would make myself a hot drink to warm me up. For whatever reason, Mom suggested coffee.

Those of you who know me know that I don't drink coffee - I've just never started. Partly because I don't want to become addicted and partly just because I didn't have time to make it or just didn't think about it. But when Mom suggested it today, I thought I'd give it a try. At the very least, it's hot right?


Before all of you coffee drinkers start to get nervous, I didn't hate it! ;-) It wasn't mindblowingly good either (partly because it was just cheap decaf coffee; don't judge me java connoisseurs, it was all we had on hand). But it was hot! And it did its job of warming my insides :-) I had fun experimenting with different stuff; I started black, then added a bit of sugar about halfway down, then added more sugar and some milk with a quarter cup left. I think I liked it straight best, but the jury's still out on that. Maybe I'll try some hot tea tomorrow!

Back to school; l8r.

~Mac

No comments: