Saturday, February 5, 2011

Eustace on Growing and Sanctification

"The very first tear [Aslan] made was so deep and I thought it had gone right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off, it hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. The only thing that made me able to bear it was just the pleasure of feeling the stuff peel off. You know – if you've ever picked the scab of a sore place. It hurts like billy-oh but it is such fun to see it coming away."


~ Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis ~


An excellent description of what we feel both growing up and growing in Christ!


~Mac

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I really liked that part. There were so many cool things like that in that movie!

MacMeister said...

I actually took that quote straight from the book - I couldn't remember whether that was in the movie or not. The movie was pretty good though!

Zoe said...

I had forgotten that that part was in the book too. It's been so long since I read the books.

Søren said...

I love and hate that quote!
(Let me explain. :)
Love it because it's completely applicable, translatable, and true.
Hate it because I know and recognize that itching, hurting scaly feeling of old things coming off to make room for new! It hurts sometimes.

But it's good for us too. :)

MacMeister said...

My thoughts exactly!