Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Man and a Half!

My brother and sister got me a really fun and unusual gift this past week . . .


Yes. It's a kilt. But not just ANY kilt. This is a digital camo SPORT KILT! How great is that!?!? :-)

After I got it, I had to think of an outfit to wear with it. After consulting various fashion-conscious family members, I decided to wear a white shirt and sport coat with it. Since I don't have the right combat boots to go with it, I had to settle for shoes and long socks. I think the overall effect is nice!


Now I want some accessories to go with it - like a camo beret, or a sporran, or those long socks with a dagger to stick inside them!

These were taken before I left for choir practice. THAT was fun - wearing a kilt to choir practice :-)

Sport Kilt's website says "A man in a kilt is a man and a half!" and so far people who have seen me in it seem to agree. Hmm, I wonder if I should bring it to the next CP! function I attend?

~Mac

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa Mac, that's awesome! *thumbs up* on your new look! I think it's super cool; please do bring it to the next CP gathering : D

~ Hattie

http://theleavesthataregreen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

O_O I think kilts are cool (in the right setting) but O_O

Søren said...

I've gotta say, you might be starting a new trend here! How cool is that-- a camo kilt! :)

MacMeister said...

@Hattie & Hannah: Thanks! :-) I do think it looks rather dashing - but of course I am biased.

@Michael: Yeah I got a lot of those looks when I wore it to choir practice. No worries man, you'll recover ;-)

Oh and I DID wear shorts underneath!

Caleb said...

Awww come on! Commando is the way to go!!! When I get one it be my clan's tartan.

MacMeister said...

Hehe I was wondering how long it would be before you posted ;-)

:lol: I have no problem with commando but I think other people would!

And unlike you, I don't have a tartan - otherwise I would have gotten that. Camo is great for those of us who don't have a clan!