Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Happenings and Accomplishments

I was thinking about doing a "remembering 2010, goals for 2011" post but after reading everyone else's excellent posts on that topic, I don't think I can compete. So I will list some of the things that I have done over New Years:

1) I attended a New Year's Eve Gala with the family. We went to our friends' church and used their fellowship hall for a dance! There were about 60 people there. We danced line and circle dances, a polka, and the broomstick waltz. Nothing like ringing in the new year with three plus hours of dancing! :-)

2) New Year's Day we had our unit celebration for our homeschool curriculum. Each student picked an ancient culture to represent, gave a presentation based on the culture, and made a food of the culture - my favorite part :-D

^ My sister's AMAZING phyllo spinach triangles from Greece!
^ Leek soup from Egypt.
^ Greek salad! :-)
^ My laden plate (clockwise from top): Greek salad, chicken couscous from Israel, noodles from China, flat bread from India, squash from North America

45 minutes later . . .

what a great curriculum huh? :-)


3) January 2nd I sang a duet for the offertory for our church as part of a wonderful New Years service :-)

4) I went to a book study Monday night. A group of about 12 guys are going through Crazy Love by Francis Chan. A challenging and thought-provoking book!

5) Random accomplishments:
* I made my bed completely by feel in the dark Saturday night
* I tied my tie while singing a hymn during choir rehearsal Sunday (good thing I can tie ties without a mirror!)
* My brother and I made two batches of "mookies" (man cookies) Monday afternoon. We taped ourselves doing it and made it into an impromptu cooking show/MythBusters episode.

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Ohhh Mac, those phyllo spinach triangles your sis made look so yummy! Could you pretty please post the recipe sometime? ^_^

Dancing? I can't think of a better way to bring in the new year! Sounds like a blast : )

So do we get to see the impromptu cooking show/MythBusters episode? Hehe ; )

~ Hattie

Anonymous said...

"So do we get to see the impromptu cooking show/MythBusters episode?" My thoughts exactly!

Victoria said...

Ditto Michael and Hattie! Pwease?

MacMeister said...

Well, I just finished editing the raw footage, so it may show up on the forums or YouTube at some point. Stay tuned! Keep in mind, it is rated PG for thematic elements, some violence and disturbing images - just fyi.

MacMeister said...

Did you all think I was serious? :O Well I was - in a way. I guess it should probably be rated G with an advisory for comic mischief.

Søren said...

Lol, I think it's just that they all forgot to click that "Subscribe by email" button on this post. ;)

Mac, what a New Year you've had so far! Sounds like it was oodles of fun and good for the soul (fellow shipping, singing, dancing) & tummy (all that incredible looking food! haha)
Good for you all! And Happy {belated} New Year to you! :-)

MacMeister said...

Thank you Hannah! 'twas quite the holidays for me :-) I need to dig up that phyllo spinach recipe and post it!

Also sometime in here I'll probably post the cooking show on the forums ;-)