Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Teacher I'll Never Forget

Well, after posting that first poem, I finally found some of my oooooold poems . . . you know, the ones I wrote in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. Here's one of my personal favorites:

The Teacher I'll Never Forget

My mother is my greatest teacher,
She's so good I love to keep her,
She encourages me in my school,
She is so good and cool!

She loves me and I love her,
And so you see,
That's why I want to keep her.

I like her best when she gets up,
She makes breakfast, and it's time to sup,
And she never forgets to make
Special treats like my birthday cake.

She's so good that I don't want
Any other teacher to push her out.

I might express them differently today, but those sentiments are still 100% true! I love you Mom! Thanks for putting in all the hard work and sacrifice to teach me and make me the student and person that I am today :-)

(And you can tell that this was written a long time ago - that was back when she made breakfast! :O)

~Mac

3 comments:

Zoe said...

I like that. It's so true also!

Søren said...

That's so sweet! You Mom should be proud--as she was then--even now! :D

Anonymous said...

I am proud! And so thankful for what God has done in your life :) I love you, son!
Mom